College Application Camp, August 3 and August 4, 1:30 – 3:30pm
Our College Application Camp is designed to help students get a strong start on their college applications, whether it is through ApplyTexas, the CommonApp, an individual college application, or others.
During these camps, students will:
- Gain an understanding of the college admissions process and what options are available for the student.
- Organize college applications, essays, and all the other necessary requirements for applications.
- Work one-on-one and in small groups to review and finalize their text entries for the application of their choice.
- Begin an activity sheet that highlights high school awards, extracurricular activities, and leadership positions.
- Brainstorm, create, and edit a personal statement
- Learn college essay writing strategies
- Brainstorm, write, and edit college application essays